Meeting / Conference and Entertaining Spaces
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- Client needs to check in with the office before beginning their setup / decorating.
- Candles must be enclosed by glass; there must be no open flame.
- Nothing (including decorations, posters, papers, or displays) may be affixed to walls, ceilings, or light fixtures with any type of tape, nails, tacks, screws, staples or adhesives. Post-it flip chart paper is permitted on walls if pre-arranged with ETCB.
- No glitter, confetti, sprinkles, "silly string", rice, birdseed, flower petals, or bubbles may be used in the facility or thrown outside the building.
- Client is responsible for the cleanliness of the premises and removal of all trash to the dumpster immediately following event.
- Outside signs, banners, balloons, ribbons, etc. are prohibited.
- Client's use of the premises shall not be a nuisance nor disrupt or interfere with other uses of the ETCB facility or its neighbors.
- Loitering is not permitted in the front of the building or parking lot.
- Client is responsible for any damages to the ETCB property during the rental period.
- ETCB is not responsible for any lost or stolen property or any personal or rental items left on the premises.
- ETCB is not responsible for accidents or injuries sustained by the client, its employees, patrons or any persons attending or traveling to/from the event being held.
- Home prepared food is not allowed.
- Only insured caterers that are licensed through the city of Elizabethtown are permitted. A proof of insurance liability coverage is required and a copy will be kept on file at ETCB. To purchase an Elizabethtown business license, please visit City Hall, located at 200 W. Dixie Ave., to obtain a license for $25.
- Deli trays from Kroger, WalMart, etc. are allowed, as well as food delivered from Elizabethtown restaurants.
- All major food preparation must take place off the premises.
After Hours Rental:
Rental of the ETCB facility is possible during non-operating hours, but the following restrictions will apply. It is the client's responsibility to make his/her guests aware of these restrictions.
- ETCB will be closed to the general public and the front doors will remain locked.
- Client and guests will have access to the rear entrance of the facility only. It is advised that participants utilize the rear parking area for easier access.
- Participants will have limited access to the other areas of the building. The lobby and information areas are closed during these hours.
- A member of the ETCB staff or contract agent must remain in the facility when it is occupied. After hour staffing rates may apply. Refer to rate schedule for additional information.
Alcohol Policies: Client leasing the facility must be 21 if alcohol is to be served.
As the client, if you choose to serve alcohol at your function, you assume all liability for serving it.
- By vote of the Elizabethtown City Council, alcoholic beverages are allowed only if provided by a caterer who holds a state ABC liquor license. ETCB can provide a list of eligible caterers. Absolutely no alcohol will be permitted if not provided by your caterer.
- Kegs of beer are only permitted when they are located on the patio. Kegs are not allowed in the building.
- Clients and guests must be 21 years of age to be served alcoholic beverages. Client and caterer are responsible to assure that all rules of age limits are adhered to.
- If alcoholic beverages are to be served, the police security fee will be applied and a police officer will be present throughout your event in place of ETCB staff. For events with more than 60 people when alcohol is being served, additional security may be required for the building and the parking lot.
To save or print a copy of the Rental Guidelines, Download our Rental Agreement (164kb PDF).