FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact
Media Relations Officer/Command Information Chief
Installation Management Command
Fort Knox Public Affairs Office
125 Sixth Ave., Bldg. 1110-B, Room 226, Fort Knox, KY 40121 USAG Fort Knox
Desk: (502) 624-3051
[Ft. Knox, Ky. - July 19, 2018] The General George Patton Museum is scheduled to reopen August 16 after 9 months of extensive renovations. Free and open to the public, the museum's hours will be 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and will also be open during the following federal holidays: Veterans Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
The museum's focus remains the same: highlighting principles of leadership through engaging exhibits and the largest single collection of famed U.S. Army General George S. Patton Jr. artifacts. Among the changes made to the museum are a new roof; heating, ventilation and air conditioning system with humidity control; sidewalk; awning over the sidewalk and entry area; ADA-compliant restrooms; a repaved parking lot; and additional lighting in the parking lot and along the sidewalk.
Plans to provide visitors direct access to the Patton Museum from U.S. 31W (Dixie Highway) are presently on hold due to funding constraints but will be reexamined regularly to determine future feasibility within the resources available. To access the museum, visitors with no military ID card or installation entry pass must go to the Fort Knox Visitor Center, located on E. Bullion Boulevard just before the Chaffee (main) Gate, and present a valid driver's license to obtain an Automated Installation Entry pass. Wait times are typically less than 5 minutes. Once visitors have scanned their AIE pass at the Chaffee Gate and are permitted installation access, they should follow signs to the museum which is 1.7 miles and 4 minutes from the gate. Parking is free.